Friday, May 2, 2008

Best Diet EVER! ;)

I don't have a lot of time, but wanted to post a quick update.

Things are going good. We are adjusting well as a family of 4 (at least I think we are). DS1 is doing GREAT as a big brother. He is a huge helper to me, which I greatly appreciate. I've already gone out with both of them and it was a good outing, so that made me feel good.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments! You all are the BEST! I had a request for a close up picture of Zac so I will try to get that up this weekend.

Breastfeeding and childbirth truly is the best diet ever....I gained a total of 38 pounds (there's a funny story about that too--see below) and I am down 22# as of today. ;) HOORAY!!!

Funny story....on the day I went to the hospital (Wednesday night), I forgot to get on the scale that morning. I was thinking oh I would do it on Thursday morning before we left...until the doc made me come in Wed night. So, I made DH bring the home scales to the hospital with him Thursday morning so I could get on my OWN scale to see what I weighed before delivery. My goal was to not go over 205 (what I weighed the day I had DS1)....I weighed in at 204! WOO HOO!!!

Nursing is getting better. Had a rough couple of days but it's getting better. Zac had his days and nights confused Tuesday night and Wednesday night, but last night he did NOT and I got some great sleep...thank god. I needed that. Keep praying he stays on that routine. ;)

Gotta run...gotta get Zac to the doctor to check his weight to make sure he is gaining well. I'll try to post again this weekend. TRY being the operative word!

4 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

That is so awesome! I did ww while nursing and got to eat so much but the weight just melted away! Now if I had only kept it up. Sigh!

Can't wait to see a bigger pic. He is so darling tho!

Unknown said...

So glad that you guys are doing well. I can't wait to see more pictures!!

So I went back and read some of your 1st trimester posts and I feel so much better knowing that I'm not crazy. I'm already so uncomfortable in some of my clothes that I am tempted to wear pj's to work. LOL So hearing that you were breaking out some maternity clothes early on makes me feel less like a freak!

I do have a question - did you exercise during your first trimester?? What did you do? I get conflicting information about my spin class - books say don't do it - other people say just take it easy......I don't know what to do?? I've been doing the elliptical for a half hour or so and I feel pretty good but just not sure about an hour long, high intensity class like spin? I do know that I have to do something or I'm going to end up the size of a house!! I've been eating carbs like crazy!

(((HUGS))) to you!

anna said...

man, nursing is sooo hard for me. and i hear it's a great diet. but you are living proof of that! 22# down, that's soooo awesome!! you rock, girl!! i hope i can do the same.

Tina said...

Wow, you are so incredibly awesome! I can't believe you got another post in. Congratulations again!

And YAHOO to the weight in and the weight loss. You'll be a little miss in no time!