Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where's the Beef?



Apparently, in our freezer!

Yep, you read that right. We got our beef and pork last week. It was kind of bad timing as I was NOT prepared to start cooking as much as the Core program requires, but my dinners have been more on the core side than not. So that's a good point right??

I'm taking some advice from Roni and a few others and starting out slow. I feel like I keep coming up with an excuse, but honestly, it's not. I'm overwhelmed at the amount of weight I have to lose. It's a lot. But I'm starting out slow. I'm slowly making the changes. I'm getting 160+ ounces of water in EVERY DAY. It kind of coincides with the advice I get from my trainer every week. One small change each week and keep building on that. Last week it was water (which was not an issue for me) and this week it is fruit. And I am having a HARD time with it! I'm getting it in every day, but I'm a vegetable girl. I eat vegetables with 2 of my 3 meals every day. So it's been rough, but I'm muddling through.

I do have an NSV to report. BFF Superjayman flew in yesterday. We went out to lunch together and hit Panera. I did the You Pick Two and got the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad and the Garden vegetable Soup. Such a super good lunch that was very filling and very low points! YAY!!!! I'm proud of myself for making that good decision. Today I fought the urge to go out for lunch with my boys after I took little man for his 4 month check up (post with pictures and stats to come!). I fought that demon the ENTIRE trip home! 40 minutes!!! It was insane. I probably would have done better going out b/c I kind of grazed all afternoon, but that's the trade off today. SuperJ and I have plans to go for a walk tomorrow morning and Saturday and Sunday as well. I'm psyched about it!!

I'm listening to Roni's videos while I type and she's so inspiring to me. Why is it I always get inspired AT NIGHT?!?! Even when I shower, I'll stand there and tell myself you'll have a good breakfast tomorrow and a good lunch and you'll do this and that, etc... (yes, I have these conversations with myself practically every night in the shower.) But anyway. She's had some good advice this week. Really spoke to me on quite a few of her questions. :) I'm outta here! Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Miss July...not...yet said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome! Keep working at it and the weight will come off...
That is a lot of beef in your freezer!
Glad you made good choices too. WTG on the NSV!