I CAN NOT BUH-LEEV IT!
Wow! That's all I have to say. These last 2 weeks have FLOWN by! Since I kinda have an idea of when this baby is going to be "evicted" I think that makes it that much worse! I have a list of things I want to get done and this weekend I didn't even scrape the top of what I wanted to get done. It's okay, b/c it's not a long list. And I think (and hope) my mom is coming up next weekend and agreed to help me with the one big project I want to accomplish--cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. This entails taking everything out of each cabinet and drawer, wiping everything down/out, then putting it all back in. It's a HUGE task that I KNOW I can't do all by myself. DH thinks I'm crazy for wanting to do this, but it's something that's been nagging me for a while now. Baby's room is about 85% done. I can't wait to get finished up in there either. But with the anticipation of knowing the date and all...I can't help but to count my weekends. UGH. And I think we have 3 left where it will just be the 3 of us. SCARY!!!
Here are some shots DH took tonight. In the bottom one, DS was supposed to be kissing my belly...instead it looks like he's eating it! LOL!!! I feel huge and I can't imagine getting any bigger than I already am, but I know I will.
I was thinking tonight about the things I can't wait for after this pregnancy. Here's my list:
1. My feet--since I can't see them.
2. Having more than 3 pairs of pants to wear--I only have 3 pairs left and they are ALL black. Once it warms up and I can wear capris, it will be better. I get tired of wearing black all the time.
3. Shopping in a regular store again, in a regular section. I'm TIRED of maternity clothes!
4. A margarita!
5. Seeing the scale go down instead of up.
6. Being able to go up and down the stairs without losing my breath and huffing and puffing afterwards (baby is in my ribs so I think this is in part why).
7. Being able to bend over and tie my shoes...crocs are becoming a staple.
8. Pretty and comfortable bras! Maternity and nursing bras are UGLY! Why do they all have to be white?!?! But this won't come until I am done nursing...hoping for 6 months, if not more. And when searching for a nursing bra, you are either BIG and a DDD, or small. I need a 36DDD or F and can't find it ANYWHERE! And I NEED support! I don't want my boobs touching my belly! ARGH!! This was the reason for a crying fit earlier today. DH, of course, thinks it's hilarious. He LOVES the big boobs!
9. Knowing what this baby is! I can't wait to meet him or her!
10. Being able to lay on my BELLY! I can't wait until I can do that again.
Okay so that's my list of things I can't wait for. Here's my list of things I will miss/love:
1. My belly. I LOVE my pregnant belly. I love touching it, holding it, just the roundness of it. LOVE it!
2. Being able to eat pretty much whatever I want. I know this will come to an end soon.
3. The constant boxing ring action I feel. I love feeling the movement inside me. LOVE it!
4. Having my baby with me constantly and knowing that I can protect him or her at all times RIGHT NOW. Once it comes out, I can do my best, but I won't always be able to protect him or her the way I can today.
5. DS has 100% of my attention...I'm scared to death of not devoting enough time to him, but I have ideas on how to incorporate him into feeding and changing time.
6. This may sound conceited....but the ATTENTION! Any time I say ow or make a face, DH asks if everything is okay (especially after the false alarm 2 weeks ago). When I talk to my mom, dad, MIL, or anyone else for that matter, they ask about me and how I'm feeling. I know once baby comes, none of them will care as much about ME. Been there, done that. :) I know when they come visit, it's not to see me or DH...it's for DS. And that's perfectly fine! I don't want people making a fuss, but it's nice for once for them to be concerned about me. :) Once baby is born, I am perfectly fine to go back to NOT being the center of attention. That does sound really bad, doesn't it? It's not meant to, I swear!
7. Being pregnant! I loved it with DS, this time I haven't loved it as much, but it's still fun. I would do it all 100 times if I could. I am grateful to be able to have children and carry them. I feel very blessed.
8. Nursing...I love the closeness I felt with DS. I can't wait to experience that with this child.
9. MATERNITY LEAVE! I am soooo looking forward to having 12 weeks off of work!
10. Believe it or not....labor and delivery. It wasn't bad with DS and I enjoyed most of it. I hope to have that same enjoyment again!
Okay, that's it I think. There are so many more things I love about being pregnant (oh did I mention the cleavage? LOVE that) and I can't believe I am that close to being done! WOWZER!!!
I still have a poem I want to post...I am going to get to that at the beginning of the week. :)