Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I can't see my feet anymore..

Sigh....

The other night in the shower I looked down and all I could see was belly. I can't see my feet anymore. Even last week, I could still see my feet, but not anymore as of this week. I went to the doctor this past Friday and I had only gained .4 in the 3 weeks since I had been there, so I might be growing, but it's ALL baby and belly! Sunday I will be 32 weeks and will take pictures then for you all to see. Seven weeks from tomorrow (Thursday) is d-day! At least in Amanda-land. :) I am about 95% sure my doctor will agree with me on that date, unless baby comes on it's own before then. My new "vision" is to wake up on April 24th and already be in labor on my own....so then everyone would still be here, but I wouldn't technically need the induction. Power of positive thinking...I'm thinking and believing it so we'll see if it happens! :)

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I was off Thursday and Friday last week and did my best to stay away from a computer the whole time. I did pretty darn good! But now, I am really behind in my reading!! I hope to catch up later this week/weekend.

Someone asked me the other day if I had any dreams about the baby b/c their dreams were always right when it came to the sex of the baby. Then a few other people told me the same thing...their dreams were always right. The last dream that I can remember having said it's a girl. In my dream, it was a girl and we called everyone to tell them it was a girl, but we didn't have a name picked out so then we called them back 48 hours later to tell them the name. In the dream, we couldn't be discharged from the hospital b/c we hadn't named the baby girl yet! Thank god that won't be an issue now!!

DS told me the other day "Mommy, I can't wait to see what the baby is!" It just melts my heart when he says that kind of stuff. I had an Uppercase Living party a couple Friday nights ago and my friend brought her nearly 6 month old baby girl with her. DS, of course, HAD to hold her and he was so cute with her! He played with her on the floor and in the Johnny Jump-up. I really think he is going to do great with the baby. I can't wait to see how he reacts to him/her.

I had "the talk" with MIL that DH was supposed to have with her regarding her taking DS away the week she is off which is also the same week we plan on being baby's first week. She said to me "I thought I would take X home with me that week." I immediately said, "well my mom said the same thing and I'll tell you what I told her. NO." I told her our reasonings and she understood and said "I just wanted to help." I told her we appreciate the help and we will take any OTHER help that she would be willing to give us....ie prepared meals or gift cards for meals to get out (our favorite is Cracker Barrel). So we'll see. I'm going to call her and see if she would come up at the end of that week and help out. I doubt she can/will, but I will at least extend the offer. She thought we would want to bond with the baby and I said yes we do, but DS needs to bond as well. That is the only week that DH will be home so it's the only week all of us will be together. She understood, thankfully. I was irritated with DH b/c he was supposed to talk to her a month ago. But, alas, he didn't. He's been so busy lately, I'm lucky he has time to eat dinner with us every night!

I don't know about any of you, but I am SICK OF WINTER!!! (check local listings!) Sunday we had the BEST day here...it was 67 outside, sunny...glorious!!! DS played outside all day, I took the dog for a walk, DS rode his bike...oh it was great! It was such a tease! And today? Cold. We had ice and snow yesterday. I am soooo over all of this. It has to get warm soon, right? RIGHT?!?!? :) I am dying to wear capris again. I'm sick of the same few pairs of pants. And my feet now swell at very regular intervals so I'm ready for sandals weather...although I'll probably just be wearing my crocs all the time.

Well, I think that's it from me today. Have a great Wednesday and rest of the week!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am totally sick of winter too!!! uggggg I would love to be out of turtle necks! I'm hoping soon. I can't believe you just have 7 weeks left...that is so awesome! Hubby and I are planning on trying in May...can't wait to be were you are right now!

Miss July...not...yet said...

Oh, Can't wait to see the pics!

You are coming up on it so soon. It is good you are keeping ds there too when dh will be there. It helps for everyone to be together.

I like the way you handled MIL by putting you own mom in the same way. Maybe I will take a page out of you book on how to handle MIL's.

MMalloy said...

I am so sick of winter too! I will be sending warm thoughts to all of you from Florida though!
I cannot believe how close you are and I am so excited for you! I think it is so awesome that DS is so excited about the baby too, it's so sweet.
Have a great weekend!!