Tuesday, April 22, 2008

38 weeks picture and contractions!

Sorry I am so late in getting this posted! But here is my 38 weeks shot. Oh my! You can't tell it by the picture but I am sooooo miserable!!! It got into the mid-70s here today and I was SOOO HOT!!! I can't imagine having a baby in the hot summer months!





This is a front shot. Check out my belly button! Yep, it's turned into an outie!! And I'm holding my shirt down b/c NONE of my shirts will cover my belly anymore!

I woke up this morning with contractions. And I mean painful-bring-tears-to-my-eyes-contractions. I could hardly get out of bed they hurt so bad. So I started timing them after I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I thought my belly looked distorted so I felt for the baby's butt, which has been in my ribs for MONTHS now, and low and behold it wasn't there! It had moved down and I was having all these contractions...I started getting nervous! So I called DH to tell him to be on the lookout for any calls from me today. But, obviously, they stopped. But I am hoping and praying these contractions are doing something so that means I don't have to go in Wednesday night. I have my appointment tomorrow morning so I will TRY to update ASAP once I get home. I am packing my bag tonight b/c this morning scared me! I had it packed except my clothes (which were NOT clean this morning!) so now that is done. Whew!

I feel ready but I have a tons of things going through my head that I need to make lists for--mostly regarding DS. What he's to have for lunch on Thursday, where his soccer stuff is for Friday night, I have to get his big brother gift ready from the baby (have it all, just need to get it in a bag), little things like that. I did not sleep last night b/c I was in some major pain (not contractions, just pain in my pelvic bones) so I took a nice nap this afternoon. ;) I'm so glad I am not working anymore. I don't know how I could do it!

All right, that's it from me for now. I have to update our family blog now too. Whew!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww - you look great!! I'm hoping that baby Lexi is making some progress so that you can have your family night!

I can't believe that it's almost the big day!! How is DS?? Excited?

Swizzlepop said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and on the right day! ((((HUGS))))