Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bad blogger..

Or maybe just a super busy momma with a sick baby!

Yep, that's right little one has his first cold. Woke up with it Thursday night. He slept ALL DAY Thursday and I thought he was growing (he was 3 months old on Thursday) but when he woke up at 9 Thursday night (after laying down at 5 for his, what I thought would be normal half hour to one hour evening nap) and he was all snotty and snorty. Poor boy. DH ran out at 1045 that night to get stuff to put in the vaporizer. We bathed him in vapor bath, rubbed the baby vapor stuff on his chest and propped up his crib mattress. He slept all night that night and last night was the first time since that he's slept all the way through. I was ready to DIE on Sunday b/c he was up at 230 Saturday night...when I had went to bed at 115...and then up again at 530 Sunday morning and up for the day by 8. UGH. But, I think he is on the mend. But now I have it. It's that slight little tickle at the back of my throat that is only relieved by carbonated beverages. I'm still getting in my 130 ounces of water but also a good 20 of diet something or other.

So needless to say, I didn't WI on Friday. I think I am going to switch my WI days to Wednesdays...IF I can remember to get on the scale tomorrow morning! That's my plan anyway. I have been very inspired by Colette and her success with Core so I have decided that once we get our meat in a week or so, I am going to do core for a little while and see how that goes. My lunches will be my problem right now b/c I've been having a Lean Cuisine 2 days a week. It will take some planning, but I'm going to do it.

I wonder what's realistic for a goal? I mean is it realistic for me to want to weigh 130? Is it realistic for me to want to weigh that in a year?? If I could lose a pound a week, I would be down to 131 by this time next year. So yeah, I guess it is. For now I am making small goals. I want to lose 10# (175), be back in the 170s (179.9), back to pre-pregnancy weight (166), and it goes on and on. DH is pushing me to join a "club" here...I don't know how to explain it. It's called Exercise, Inc. You work out with a trainer once a week for 20 minutes. That's it. There is a diet that you can follow but I am not sure on the specifics yet. I know it's 4 servings of fruits AND vegetables every day and a lot of water (which we know I have no problems with) and something about no more than 4 grams of sugar in whatever you eat. I don't know the specifics yet. I have one of the trainers cards so I am going to give him a call or shoot him an email. I am intrigued that is for sure. Plus it would give me an hour away every week (20 minutes working out, 20 minutes there and back travel time), which would be AWESOME. DH is fully supportive so that's good. The girl that cuts DH hair is doing it and loves it. She raves about it. She's lost 16# in 12 weeks. I would be happy with that. And I need the umph to do more serious exercise. DS1 and I take a walk about every night for 20 minutes or so. I've gotten in to playing the Wii (LOVE boxing!) and I am trying to just be active overall. So we'll see what happens.

Okay, gotta run. DS1 is ready to go for his walk. :) I'll post WI results tomorrow. If I remember to get on the scale!

2 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

sounds like you have some realistic goals. Sorry the little man is sick. I have just gone thru that and it SUCKS.

Michelle said...

Oh, sorry you have a sick little one. I hope the baby is cooing and happy again soon :) Whatever you decided to do you will keep moving toward your goal, and that's what matters. Someone told me not to set several goal weights, sort of like, "I'd be not miserable at this weight", "This weight would be average" and "This weight...can I do it?". Get to the first one and then re-evaluate. I found it helpful. My weights are 150/145/135.