Thursday, March 29, 2007

I want to live to be 80…or even longer!

So this morning I was watching Oprah from yesterday (LOVE Ti-Vo!!) and she had Sydney Poiter (sp??) on there. He had just turned 80 and they were meeting with him about his book The Measure of a Man. Some of the things he said about his life…wow. Anyway, his age got me thinking. 80! I am 28. My grandma is in her 70s and acts like she is still 50. I want to live long enough to see great grandchildren from my son and any future children. The choices that I make now will affect how long I live. So I am happy to be on this journey. I know it won’t be the last time b/c of those future children. But at least I know I am on the right path. I am doing the right thing for me to eventually live that long. Go me!

So last night I did end up having a snack after I blogged so I ended my day right at where I should be. Today has been pretty good. I didn’t get a walk in, but when I haven’t been working today (except for now) I have been up moving around all day. We had some painting done this week in our house and we moved our son into his “big boy” room. That was a chore! I’m still not done, but the main stuff is done.

I will weigh in tomorrow morming first thing. I haven’t been on the scale at all since last Friday so I am curious to see how I did. I really hope it says 160-something. I don’t care if it’s 169.9! Here’s how today went:

Apple Pie Oatmeal--4
yogurt with Fiber One added in--2

Subway veggie wrap–spinach, tomato, pickle, onion, green peppers, banana peppers, oregano, and sweet onion sauce and provolone cheese--4
apples--0
Bites of my son’s lunch--4

Shrimp cooked in the oven wrapped in foil with Pam and some spices--1
Lipton whole grain noodle side and broccoli--4
100 cal pk (split 2 with the toddler)--

Total--22

Did you all know Subway now offers apples as a side to their subs, instead of chips? They do still have chips, but I don’t like chips b/c they have no nutritional value and I don’t like to waste my points on them. So every time I went to Subway before, I would just get the sandwich. Now I can get the entire meal deal and be completely happy! I LOVE Subway! I could eat that veggie wrap every day. Well, maybe not every day, but 4 out of 7.

My son’s school (daycare) has this award they are giving out to the kids now. It’s called the clean plate award. Whoever cleans their plate, gets the award. I have issues with this. The reason I got fat was b/c I had to clean my plate when I was younger (I also talk about this in my About Me section). My son will probably never get that award b/c we don’t force him to eat everything on his plate. My sister in law does this to her son and he is a big kid. Always has been. Now why would you force your kid to eat everything??? That’s one of the leading causes of childhood obesity in this country–Clean Plate Syndrome. I am going to speak to the director on Monday when I drop him off. I don’t think they encourage the kids to eat everything on their plate, but they still give this award. I am sure it’s b/c they waste so much food, but still. I would rather see them waste food than have a lot of those kids suffer from childhood obesity.

Okay, I’ve rambled long enough tonight. I’m off to bed…well after I finish my “About Me” section. Have a good one!

No comments: