Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It pays to journal

Yesterday was really good, but really long. I worked 12 hours. Then we grilled for dinner. I made up burgers and added some spices to them and they were really good. And I have learned that I don’t have to have cheese on my burgers every time. They are pretty good without cheese on them. I had kept track of my points all day but when we were eating I was hungry so I ate another burger (this time with cheese) and didn’t even think about it. I was dreading to write all of it down, but when I did, I realized I had only gone 1 point over for the day. So, see journaling really does pay off. I thought for sure I had blown the day, but it wasn’t bad at all. We also grilled some corn on the cob (from Schwan’s) and some portabello mushrooms. I love to grill!!! B/c that means the mess is on the grill…not in the kitchen.

I had one of my hubby’s protein shakes for breakfast yesterday and today. Both at around 0730. Yesterday, I didn’t even get hungry until almost 1 and I ate lunch around 1:3o. That’s awesome for me. I love these shakes b/c they are very filling and I get in a milk requirement. Then yesterday afternoon I had a smoothie (recipe below) and got in another milk serving, so I got in all my milk, veggies, and water yesterday. GO ME!!

Smoothie recipe:
8 ounces skim milk
bowl of frozen strawberries (about 1 point worth)
3/4 to 1 cup of splenda
I microwave the frozen strawberries for a little bit (about a minute) then add all to the blender. I pour in the milk first, add the splenda, then the strawberries the puree it all for a minute or so. SOOOO yummy and so refreshing. You get a milk serving and a fruit serving. I count it as 3 points.

I better get back to it…gotta eat lunch at some point. Have a great day! :)

No comments: