Monday, April 2, 2007

I love the grill!

We FINALLY got a new grill. A severe wind storm came through last summer and ours died after that so I’ve been without for a looooooong time. We got a new one over the weekend and fired it up today. Nothing tastes better, IMO, than a burger on the grill. YUM!

Even though I don’t feel well today, I am on target to get in my 150 ounces of water before I go to bed. YIPPEE!

I have a dilemma on my hands. Next weekend…Easter. My mom is wanting to cook a big meal. Here’s the problem–I don’t want her to. She wants to make a ham and scallopped potatoes. I’m talking the processed in the box scalloped potatoes. Yuck! Everything she makes comes out of a box, with the exception of the main course–usually a meat of some kind. I love my mom to death, but going to visit her is always detrimental to my weight loss efforts. I did really good when I was there 2 weeks ago, but I didn’t eat any meals at her house…they were either out or I had Subway. I don’t want to be mean to her and squash her thoughts, but I just don’t want to eat the processed crud everyone else likes–yes I am in the minority in my family when it comes to healthy eating and exercise. I am the only one with a weight problem, but I am probably the healthiest b/c I do drink water and exercise and I try to watch the food that goes in my mouth. I’ll figure something out….eventually.

Here is my menu from today…

Apple Pie Oatmeal--4
strawberries and a banana with a little fat free cool whip--2
WW orange juice--1

Steak Salad–made with left over steak from Logan’s roadhouse--5
Fiber One Chewy Bar--3

Burger on the grill with English muffin for a bun and NO CHEESE!--5
LOTS of grilled veggies (0 points) and Baked Beans--3

Total--23
23 point allowed/23 points used. No Flex Points left to use.

Veggies on the grill:

I do this 1 of 2 ways:

1) cut up some of your favorite veggies–tonight I used yellow squash, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, and mushrooms–and put them on skewers on place on the grill. Gives a nice crunch when they are done and yummy!

OR

2) cut up your vegetables, get some foil out and spray it with Pam, dump in your veggies, spray them with Pam, then add some spices–my favorites are garlic powder and onion powder. Fold the foil over to make a little packet and place on the grill. This way the veggies come out kinda mushy and chewy but still delicious. This is my favorite way to cook veggies in the summer.

I’m off of here for now. I have to actually go into work tomorrow so I better hit the hay. It will be a long day.

No comments: