Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Creamy Lasagna

I got this recipe from my WW leader and it is AWESOME!!!! Oh my, it’s great. So creamy and so cheesy and so low in points!!! It takes a while to make (took me 2 hours with the baking time!) but it’s sooo worth it in the end. I served it with a side salad and some “fried” zucchini. It’s awesome!

Creamy Lasagna

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (93/7)

2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce

1/4 cup chopped onion

1 packet splenda

2 tsp salt

2 tps Worcesterhire Sauce

1/2 tsp garlic salt

2 pkgs (8oz each) low fat cream cheese

1 cup (8 oz) low fat sour cream

1/4 cup skim milk

9 lasagna whole wheat noodles, COOKED & DRAINED!!!

1 cup lowfat shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef, drain. Add tomato sauce, onion, salt, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlice salt. Mix with blender, softened cream cheese, sour cream and milk. In a greased 13×9 dish layer meat, noodles and cream cheese mixture in that order. Repeat. Top with remaining meat sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. (This part is important or it will fall apart)

Makes 12 servings for 5 pts each. This may sound like a lot of points, but it’s not. Take a piece for lunch with a salad the next day. It is not only healthier, but is better and more satisfying that a frozen dinner for lunch.

THIS CAN EASILY BE MADE AN ALL CORE RECIPE

4 comments:

Colette said...

This sounds AWESOME!! Today is payday and I am going to go hit the store and buy everything to make this this weekend!!
I LOVE leftovers for work too!!!
Much healthier than takeout or fast food and way less expensive too!!
Thanks Straw for the recipe!!
:-)

Swizzlepop said...

I think I am going to try this with ground turkey and FF plain yogurt after we get back from the East Coast.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

MMMM - going grocery shopping tonight and will definitely pick up the stuff to try this out!
-Chris

Colette said...

I just got home from WALLEY WORLD and I got everything to make this!! YUMMY! I am so excited, I am like a kid in a candy store!! Think I will make it tomorrow night and eat it friday night!! It will be great to come home and have dinner basically done!! I gave this recipe to 2 girls at work after they read it when I had printed it out to take with me to the grocery!!
I will let ya know how I like it!!