Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cyber-friends and Core

Isn't it odd how we don't KNOW each other but yet, we felt lost when our blog community was gone?!? I think it's great we can give support to people we don't know, but we are all following in the same struggle. It's great the support we can give to strangers. But I feel that I "know" most of you. Like Roni for example. I feel like I know her, but I really don't. But I have followed her for so long and admired her success. If my IRL (in real life) friends and family knew of this type of stuff, they would think I am nuts! ;)

Last night, I added some pictures below. Most of them are from our trip to Colorado back in May.

I soooo should have went to the gym last night. Did I? No. I just didn't feel like leaving the house. Then I was going to do Pilates and my brother showed up (he's in town this week to take some classes for work) and by the time he left, it was time for bed. I just wasn't motivated last night. I am going to WI tomorrow. I don't hold high hopes for a loss. I haven't seen one in so long, so I don't expect it even though I have been OP. I had 180 ounces of water yesterday! Fruits and veggies are in check too. :)

Tomorrow, though, I am starting Core regardless of what I see on the scale. I know the hardest time will be lunch so I am gearing up for lots of leftovers. I am going to the store tonight after dinner to stock up on lots of fruits and veggies and to make sure I have lots of core friendly foods in the house. I need to look at my book to check out for sure what is core and what isn't. Here's a question for the core gurus out there:

If I have an item that has all core ingredients in it, is it still core??? Like hummus? Black bean dip that is homemade??

I am going to get the recipe from MIL for the pasta salad she had when we were there for Father's Day. I am going to try to core it up. :) I know it has pasta (I will use whole wheat pasta), Italian dressing (I will use fat free), cheese (again fat free), and mushrooms. Not sure what else was in it, but I hope to find out tonight when I talk to her. We are going to a cook out on July 4th and I am going to try my hardest to stay OP. I am going to take a veggie tray and maybe a pasta salad or a dessert. We'll see what I can come up with.

Here's my tracker for yesterday:
Cream of wheat made with milk--4
Deep Dish Pizza Casserole--6
Green Beans--0
Grapes and cantalope--1
Soy Crisps and Bean Dip--2
Tater tot casserole--5
Corn--1
Stuffing--5
TOTAL--24
1 point in the bank...still a few in the hole for the week. :)

6 comments:

lilcatmama said...

I haven't been to the gym in forever, and I haven't been keeping up with my water either.

I admire you :)

Keep up the great work!

dizzydazey said...

Hey Girl!

I don't know if I'd call myself a "Core Guru", but if all the ingredients are Core, then the food is Core. However, there's a "no baked goods" rule somewhere in there (according to the peeps on the WW Core Board)so you can't use oatmeal and magically make a Core cake. This doesn't apply to casseroles, etc. It's confusing, I know. Hope I didn't muddle things up more!

I love Core (although I'm Flexing now) it's a great plan. Good Luck!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, we all felt the loss. I've only been blogging for a week or so but I have been reading everyone's for a while. Glad to see everyone is getting back together. I have a question: what is tater tot casserole? Sounds like something my DH would love.

dizzydazey said...

Core Tip: Plan Plan Plan! :)

Left Overs for lunch will be your best bet.

WW Couscous is a grain and not pasta so you can eat it more than once a day. (I love couscous!)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions and I'll try to find the answer if I don't know it!!

WeightBGone said...

Tator tot casserole I know it well. Are you from the midwest thats such a popular dish around here. Glad to see us all come back together again. :)

Courtney said...

I feel like I'm pretty clear on Core too...I go back and forth back and forth. My greatest weight loss success has been doing Core. I just have a lot of trouble veering away from certain foods! Anyway, I'm here for any kind of questions! At some point, I'll forward you my recipe for pizza casserole with a cornmeal crust. All core and so delish!

http://formeforlife07.blogspot.com/