Monday, June 11, 2007

SummerFit Challenge and the daily grind…

I live in Indiana and our govenor has done several challenges this year. He did a 10 in 10 challenge this winter–lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks and every week they sent out emails to the participants on ways to increase your physical activity and how to eat better….that kind of thing. Well now they are doing a SummerFit challenge. You keep track of how many points you earn. It’s kinda neat actually. For example, I get 1 point for every 8 ounces of water I drink…I normally drink 150 ounces of water so I get 18 points per day just for that. Then you get 2 points for 1 serving of fruits and vegetables (I’ve had 6 servings today, so that’s 12 points). You get points for physical activity, not smoking (I don’t), forwarding the summerfit email to a friend, physical activity, and points for doing the weekly challenge. This week the challenge is to get in the pool and play around, swim, whatever just be active in the water for 30 minutes. I am going to TRY to do that on Saturday and Sunday (week runs Monday thru Sunday) since we will be visiting our parents and will have access to a pool both days. So far, I am having fun figuring out how many points I earn just for doing the simple things I do every day.

I went to the doctor today (see previous post for more info) and all SEEMS normal. She did bloodwork and I will have those results in 2 days or so. She listed all kinds of things it could be so we’ll wait until the bloodwork comes back.

My appointment was at 1 which meant I had to leave at noon which meant lunch was out. I did VERY good. I went to chick-fil-a and got a chargrilled sandwich, SMALL fries (HUGE victory there, HUGE!), and a diet Dr. Pepper. I had to eat it in shifts b/c I didn’t have enough time to eat everything before I had to go in for my appt. So it worked out well b/c I came out an hour later and still had my sandwich and didn’t have the afternoon munchies like I usually do.

This week is SUPER busy–my appt today, tomorrow DS has his post op appt, meeting on Thursday, and Wednesday I have a lunch date with a friend. WHEW!! But, the good thing is that everything is in the afternoon so I shouldn’t have the afternoon munchies like I usually do. I plan to get to the gym tomorrow night and hopefully Wednesday night too and Thursday morning. That will be 4 days this WW week. We’ll see if I can have loss this week.

Here is my menu for today. Right on where I should be.

Daily Point Range 20-25

Cream of wheat made with milk--4

Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken--5
SMALL fries--6

Can of pineapple in it’s own juice (4 fruit servings)--4

Turkey Pot Pie--5
Green Beans--0

BLTs (didn’t have a lot, but just for good measure)--1

Total--25

Workout GOAL: 3 workouts X

Water—96 ounces so far…
Fruits and veggies 6
Milk 1

No comments: