Saturday, June 30, 2007

The weekend on core...

So far so good. We went out for dinner Friday night as we always do. I chose Logan's b/c I wanted a porterhouse steak and could pretty much stay on core there but eat well. I made it to the gym on Friday too. So I had 4 extra APs to eat non core foods. We did not make it to the pool as it didn't get really warm here until late afternoon and by then DS was napping. :) Here is how Friday went:


B--cream of wheat made with milk and watermelon

S--banana

L--Leftover burrito bowl and more watermelon

S--banana and popcorn

D--porterhouse steak, salad (had cheese and a tiny bit of bacon bits on it AND I took my own TJs FF dressing with me)--2, rolls(8), onion petals (10)
33 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes of weights for a total of 4 APs; 120 ounces of water and 5 fruit and veggie servings. I used 16 WP on Friday.

Saturday was a waste of a day. My house was clean, all the laundry was done and we did nothing all day. I watched the neighbors little girl from about 2:30 t0 7:30 and her and DS played, but that was it. I hate days like that, although it was nice, I was bored all day so I ate a lot. TOM is due any day now and yesterday I felt like a bottomless pit. UGH. Here's how yesterday went:

B--cream of wheat made with milk and a banana
S--watermelon
L--Taco Salad without the taco shell; Bean dip w/ chips and BLTs (2); 1/3 of a baked pretzel (2); carrots
S--popcorn and a smoothie
D--Pork Chop, corn on the cob, hominy, and grilled veggies
S--small chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream cone (8)
I got in no exercise yesterday b/c we kept tossing the idea around to do something and we didn't. I didn't want to exercise anyway b/c my arms were so sore. So I HAVE to go today and Monday now. I got in 144 ounces of water yesterday, 2 milk servings, and 7 fruit and veggie servings. YAY!!! I did cook the veggies on the grill with olive oil, so I got that in too! I used 12 WPA, so I have 7 left as of today.


Here is what I love about core--I LOVE to go out for steak but doing points I have to stick to a dinky 6 ounce sirloin. I didn't even eat half of my steak (I boxed up the leftovers and then left them on the table!!!) :( but I didn't feel deprived at all. I wanted the onion petals and I hadn't used any WPA yet, so I got them on Friday. I felt great all day yesterday and didn't feel guilty at all about having the ice cream cone last night.

I am working today so I can be off Thursday and Friday so today SHOULD be a good Core day. I plan to get to the gym later and tonight's dinner is T-bone steaks on the grill. I probably won't eat all of the steak so I should be able to have a nice big steak salad tomorrow for lunch. :)

Overall, I think I am doing pretty well. I haven't gotten on the scales so I hope I am pleasantly surprised when I get on there on Wednesday. :) Have a great Sunday!

No comments: